Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Well by now you got the routine down for me, every day i come in and listen to a bunch of cd's, now i'm starting to write about it..

Much of the music featured here will be on XMU in the following week.

Just opened a package from VAEDA pretty good stuff. Straight-up Rock, Totally can hear this band on the radio, and if you have XM, you will, this band will featured on the RADAR REPORT in the coming weeks..

just opened the new Lemonheads, released on a great label called Vagrant. The cd just came out yesterday.
I like this record, might just be my favorite. These are honest songs with those great Dando-rolling-melodies. Stand out for me is track 2 - Become The Enemy and the last track - December.

Sally - this ep starts of with a driving emotional riff with squelched vocals and pulls you in, the deverts to a more punch beat, then into this noise bridge that's pretty interesting. Second tracks starts off with a Paddy-Cake type Hand-clap. I like the raw feel of this for the first 2 tracks. 3rd track is my least favorite and track 4 brings back the feeling f the first track, which is the coolest.

The Trolleyvox was just opened. best track on the record is track 2 - Just You Wait. the cd says - RIYD: The Essex Green, Rilo Kiley, Dressy Bessy.

just put in the new OOIOO - Trbial sounds on the first track and then a pause for more experimental sounds and structure. Interesting that all the songs have 3 letters in the name. the band is on a cool label called Thrill Jockey
the name of the album is TAIGA whcih means BIG RIVER in Japanese and FOREST in Russian. Track 1 and 7 are my favorites followed by track 4. The CD is out now.

and now a left turn to a band called The Old Ceremony release on a label called SonaBlast. These are great songs, My Favorites are Papers In Order, Poison Pen, and Get To Love. The Damnwells meet Elvis Costello with a hint of Randy Newman and Tom Waits.

Next I throw in a cd that just captivates me from the first note. Angela Desveaux released a new CD entitled Wandering Eyes. This is acoustic and clean with a hint of twang, not country, just twang-pop. Heartbeat is the best song i've heard today. ok so it could be my mood, but this is just good. one thing you'll come to know about me. I hold no bias or prejudice against or towards any one style or genre of music. I'm just open, wide open and ready to take it all in. it's the best way to take in music. with a clean slate like it's the first piece of music you ever heard. stand out tracks are all over this record, so go listen.

The Buffalo Killers have a self-titled release on Alive Records. My favorite track is Heavens You Are - i hear some Ween, Black Sabbath and Black Mountain on this track. Produced by John Curley of the Afghan Whigs.

Modeski, Martin & Wood - the new record is out on their own label, and they're still jammin.

Opened the new release from the band Honeycut. This is a Rock-Fusion-Soul outfit with beats.
The first track "The Day I Turned To Glass" is my favorite followed by track 3 - "Shadows".

Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton was opened next. Piano-based-tunes with a sad flare. This voice reminds me of another amazing singer, Laura Burhenn, who is in an amazing band now called Georgie James. if you like Laura, you will like Emily.

Rolling melodies come back in full force with new Chin Up Chin Up release entitled "This Harness Can't Ride Anything". I love the first track, it's the title track. This release is from Suicide Squeeze Records.

ok.. i'll continue listening. more posts to come.
maybe even another one today.

No comments: